Years of diminished soul-winning results have caused some to think that trends of little or no church growth are here to stay. Yet our mission is clear: To share the distinctive, Christ-centered, Seventh-day Adventist message of hope and wholeness with our Pacific Northwest communities. The Holy Spirit is calling us to a renewed commitment to that mission and to a new emphasis on evangelism.
VISION 2020 is a 15-month, five-quarter initiative beginning in January 2019, which culminates in a union-wide series of meetings starting March 6, 2020. This process will lead our churches and members through spiritual renewal, mission commitment, community connections, member reclamation and evangelistic outreach. It is a collaborative effort with Voice of Prophecy to offer new resources for the revival of the Spirit’s mission through our Northwest churches.
The five stages of VISION 2020 are designed from thoughtful experience to help each church establish a strong foundation for new-member growth. This process encourages each member to renew their personal and corporate connection with Jesus and His mission. It prepares current members to connect with people in their community as well as former members who have drifted away. These steps are designed to help each church and each member conduct public seminars that will bring new members into fellowship with this prophetic movement.
- Each member engaging with personal spiritual renewal through Bible study, prayer and sharing.
- Sharing devotional resources with members
- Launching Bible study small groups
- Initiating spiritual gift discovery seminars
- Elevating prayer in personal and church life
- Joining in prayer conferences
- Participating with a union-wide prayer network
REFOCUS…Begins 2nd Quarter 2019
- Each church discovering and prayerfully aligning with their biblical mission.
- Joining online events to help local leadership teams discover and practice methods of mission alignment
- Sharing articles/messages about spiritual health and renewal
- Encouraging church partnerships toward greater health
- Providing resources for pastors/church leaders who want to revitalize their churches
RELATE…Begins 3rd Quarter 2019
- Each member and each church learning to apply Jesus’ methods of relating to people in their communities.
- Resourcing churches with ideas for building outreach activities such as seminars on family, marriage, grief recovery, weight loss, nutrition, singles, etc., and affinity groups, service opportunities, concerts or outreach
- Challenging every member to become involved in mission … Total Member Involvement (TMI)
- Developing interest coordinators in every church
RECLAIM…Begins 4th Quarter 2019
- Each church intentionally reaching out to missing members to reconnect them to the church family.
- Leveraging the holidays to reach out to inactive members
- Designating a union-wide home coming Sabbath
- Resourcing churches to connect with and reach missing members
REACH…Begins 1st Quarter 2020
- Churches across the North Pacific Union conducting Discovering Revelation 2020 seminars.
- Coordinating with the union-wide evangelistic campaign starting March 6, 2020
- Providing coordinated advertising with handbills, billboards, radio/television and other media spots
- Partnering with Voice of Prophecy to use a brand new customizable sermon series